Career and Life
Career illustrates a persons’ journey through education, employment and other facets of life. Career and life go hand in hand, even though some people hold different opinions regarding career and life. A successful career is motivating and a reason why many people work hard in schools as others struggle to join the best schools in town. Over and above, a successful career reflects a valuable life where one is assured of job/money security, family happiness, comfort, flexibility, independence among many more.
A career choice is a decision that an individual arrives at ahead of employment or learning. This is one of the important factors to consider before embarking on training or even soliciting employment. Career choice depends on 3 factors which include objective, subjective and critical contact factor hypothesis.
- Objective factor hypothesis – Presupposes that job seekers are rational. The selection is made subsequent to objective evaluation of the valuable benefits of the employment. Some of these factors entail remuneration, additional benefits, prospects for career growth and much more.
- Subjective factor hypothesis – This implies that selection is subjugated to social and psychological factors. This includes job security, status of the company and other comparable factors.
- Critical contact hypothesis – This is a factor that develops the notion that an applicant’s remarks when working in an organization play an important role in making choices. Case in point, when the employer keeps in touch with the candidate, the speed of rejoinder and other comparable factors.
The above mentioned hypothesis assumes that prospective employees enjoy free selection of career and jobs/employers.
This is the certainty of employment is dictated by the following:
- Working status – This could be permanent or temporary basis.
- Job scarcity –The lack of jobs leads to many people pursuing jobs or careers forced by either their parents or mentors. This is absolutely detrimental in their life. Many applicants use the job centre phone number to inquire for vacancies and career advices in various organizations.
- Terms of employment – This may include job roles, responsibilities/tasks and company or organizational policies.
- Good working relations – This is especially between employees and the employer/bosses.
Many people in the recent times find it challenging to work in an environment where job security is not guaranteed. This can affect their career and life by jeopardizing their delivery levels.
Career and life values
Values are factors that people develop strong feelings. Case in point, many people believe the following are valuable:
- A lot of money – Having a lot of money to live contentedly is valuable to them.
- Self-gratification – There are many people who find important things in career and life like helping people or fulfilling the requirements of their employers and much more. In fact, some people are willing to work for a little money simply because they do not value money in their career and life.
In conclusion, it is important to know the values that we hold in our life and career. This is because the career paths we choose in our life should be in line with our core beliefs and values. If this is the case, we will end up having an enjoyable life at work.
Sophie Samuel is a blogger from London in UK. She loves to write articles on Technology, Finance, Health, Travel and Finance. As if now she is doing research on Jsaguide.co.uk and gathering information about it.