Header Ads

About M.E./M.Tech Program

A Master of Engineering or Master of Technology or Master of Science in Engineering, can be either an academic or professional master's degree in the field of engineering.

In some countries, the degree is awarded following completion of a curriculum which is career oriented, emphasizing practice as opposed to theory.

M.Tech in India

In India, a Master of Engineering or Master of Technology or Master of Science in Engineering degree is a postgraduate program in engineering or technology field. This is generally a 2-year (2.5years for MSc Engg ) specialization program in a specific branch of engineering or a technical field. Students typically enter the ME/MTech/MSc Engg/Msc.(Tech) programs after completing a 4-year undergraduate program in engineering resulting in the award of a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology degree, or a 5-year program in Science or Applied Sciences resulting in the award of a Master of Science degree.

The ME/MTech/MSc Engg programs in India are usually structured as an Engineering Research degree, lesser than Ph.D and considered to be parallel to M.Phil. and M.S. degrees in Humanities and Science respectively. MTech and MSc Engg programs in India were started by some well known institutions with the aim of producing Research Engineers who can also get the position of "Technologist" in the Industries and Research Institutes. In electrical engineering, for example, areas of specialization might include: power systems, energy engineering, electrical machines, instrumentation and control, high voltage or power electronics, telecommunications, communication networks, signal processing, microelectronics.

[See the list of all available M.E/M.Tech courses in India]

M.Tech in Australia

In Australia, the Master of Engineering degree is a research degree requiring completion of a thesis. Like the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), it is considered a lesser degree than Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.). It is not to be confused with Master of Engineering Science or Master of Engineering Studies which are coursework master's degrees. Exceptions are Monash University which awards a Master of Engineering Science by either research or coursework, the University of Melbourne which offers a Master of Engineering by coursework, and the University of Tasmania which offer a Master of Engineering Science by research.
The University of Melbourne accepted the first intake of Master of Engineering students in February 2010. The coursework Master of Engineering is offered in 11 specializations, and accepts graduates with three-year degrees in Science and Maths.

The entry requirement is completion of a Bachelor's Degree at or above the second class honours level. Some universities do not offer direct enrollment into Doctor of Philosophy and students must first enroll in a lesser research degree before "upgrading".

[See the list of all available M.E/M.Tech courses in Australia]

M.Tech in Canada

In Canada, the Master of Engineering degree is a graduate degree of typically two years length that involves coursework and a thesis or research paper of significant depth. Entrance to a MEng degree is a 4 year bachelor engineering degree. Some Canadian universities offer a Master of Engineering, or either a Master of Science or Master of Applied Science in engineering, or both. Master of Engineering degrees usually require more coursework and examination and less research, whereas Master of Applied Science degrees require less coursework and more research. However, this is not absolute since some universities only offer a Master of Engineering and some only offer a Master of Science or Master of Applied Science. Some universities differentiate only by the requirement to be resident and therefore assist in teaching/tutoring for a Master of Science Degree.

[See the list of all available M.E/M.Tech courses in Canada]

M.Tech in United Kingdom

In the United Kingdom the MEng degree is the normative university-level qualification taken by people wishing to become chartered engineers registered with ECUK. The MEng degree represents the minimum educational standard required to become a chartered engineer, but there are other equally satisfactory ways to demonstrate this standard such as the completion of a BEng Honours and a subsequent postgraduate diploma or MSc, or by completion of the Engineering Council Postgraduate Diploma.

ECUK's minimum requirement for entry to a recognised MEng course is BBB at A-level, compared to CCC for a BEng Honours course. Universities are free to set higher entry requirements if they wish. Some universities, such as Oxford, Cambridge and Imperial only admit students to study for the MEng degree. (Their courses usually allow a student to leave with a Bachelor's degree after three years, but these shortened degrees are not ECUK-recognised and therefore do not count towards the educational requirements for becoming a chartered engineer.) Other universities, such as the University of Greenwich, University of Surrey and Brunel University, admit students to read for BEng Honours and MEng courses and allow students to change between the two during the early years of the course. The Open University offers the MEng degree as a postgraduate qualification but requires students to complete its course within four years of completing a BEng Honours degree.

The Master of Engineering (MEng) is the highest award for undergraduate studies in engineering. In England, Northern Ireland and Wales this is a four-year course or a 'sandwich' five-year course (with one year spent working in industry). In Scotland, it is a five-year course. The Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) is usually a three-year course (four in Scotland), or can also include a year in industry. Many universities offer the BEng, and may then allow a transfer onto the MEng. The Engineering Council Graduate Diploma is set at the same level as the final year of a British BEng and its Postgraduate Diploma is set at the same level as the final year of a British MEng. The Graduateship in engineering, awarded by the City & Guilds of London Institute (Institution Established in 1878 recognized by Royal Charter n.117 year 1900), is mapped to a British Bachelor of Engineering(Honours) -BEng(Honours)-degree. The Post Graduate Diploma is mapped to a British Master of Engineering (MEng) degree. The Membership in Engineering (MCGI)(NQF at Level 7) is a strategic Management/Chartered professional level and a Post Graduate Diploma, mapped to a British Master's degree, awarded by the City & Guilds of London Institute. This will be supported by a minimum of ten years of seasoned experience (peer reviewed) in areas as the Engineering + a British Bachelor/Graduateship (or by CEng).

Engineers who have been awarded a BEng(Ordinary) or BEng(Honours) and have appropriate training and experience in the work place are able to apply to become an Incorporated Engineer(IEng). If an engineer has studied beyond the BEng for an MSc or has an MEng, they may apply to become a Chartered Engineer (CEng), once they have completed the required amount of post graduate work-based competency training and experience. Competency and training requirements are met over a period of 4–8 years in practice for a total of 8–12 years education, training and professional responsibility. Formal structured post graduate training schemes such as the monitored professional development IMechE enable the Engineer in training to satisfy the requirements for Chartered Engineer faster.

Chartered Engineer and Incorporated Engineer titles awarded by the Engineering Council UK, are broadly equivalent to North American Professional Engineer (PEng / PE) and Professional Technologist (PTech) designations, but with often a far greater geographical recognition.

[See the list of all available M.E/M.Tech courses in UK]

M.Tech in United States

In the United States, the Master of Engineering degree is generally a professional degree offered as a coursework-based alternative to the traditional research-based Master of Science. It is typically a two-year program, entered after the completion of a 4 year Bachelor degree and many universities allow students to choose between the Master of Engineering and the Master of Science. The Master of Engineering degree is offered at many leading universities in the United States and is considered a terminal degree in the field of engineering.

Some M.Eng. degree programs require a scholarly project in addition to coursework. Some Master of Engineering programs require additional courses beyond those required for Master of Science students in order to better prepare students for professional careers. These courses may include topics such as business fundamentals, management and leadership.

[See the list of all available M.E/M.Tech courses in US]

M.Tech in France

In France, two diploma exist for 5 years of study in the field of engineering: the "Master's diploma in Engineering" (diplôme de master en sciences de l'ingénieur) which is usually delivered by Universities, and the Engineer's degree ("diplôme d'ingénieur") which can only be delivered by some Engineering schools, very selective schools which are generally smaller than universities. Both diplomas are at master's degree level.

The "diplome d'ingénieur" usually prepare students for professional careers. Courses always include management, economy or more generally transverse courses. Training periods in industry or in laboratories are also required.

The master in Engineering offers a more focused approach on a field of engineering. A PhD program can be joined by acquiring a master in Engineering or a "Diplôme d'Ingénieur".

[See the list of all available M.E/M.Tech courses in France]

M.Tech in Germany

In Germany, the local engineer's degree (Diplomingenieur (Dipl.-Ing.), a first degree after 5 years of study) was abolished in 2010, and be replaced by postgraduate master's degrees (M.Sc. and M.Eng.).

The first Master of Engineering courses were introduced in Germany in 2000 as result of the Bologna process. This type of master's degree is offered by German Fachhochschulen (Universities of Applied Sciences) universities and is typically a two-year program with application-oriented coursework and an applied research thesis. The entry requirement is the successful completion of aBachelor's Degree, or an equivalent from before the Bologna process, with good marks.

[See the list of all available M.E/M.Tech courses in Germany]

Everything You Need To Know About Engineering Sector In Dubai

The write up discusses growing job segment of UAE, particularly Dubai. Explore about the available job opportunities in different engineeri...

Powered by Blogger.